Monday, August 20, 2007

I Need Chocolate

So I had these great intentions, right, about every Friday having one of the characters of my books post, changing the character with each Friday. I thought it would be a fun way for my Peeps to get more information about the characters, stuff that isn’t in the books, and an interesting way to introduce the new characters that will be making an appearance soon.

Like an idiot, I’d planned this to start last Friday.

Lemme tell you about my week.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday were to be spent at the Poulsbo Art Festival, so Thursday and Monday were days off of work so I could first get ready, then wind down and recover. All was going well until like an idiot, I decided to send out a few more last ditch effort query letters to agents. Avoiding specifics, I got some good news, then made a few unhappy discoveries, then another really unsettling surprise came out of the blue, and suddenly everything was up in the air.

Where it is currently residing.

But long story short, I was on the brink of ending it all. And I mean all of it. Suddenly I found myself in the middle of Thursday, looking at either slapping together a quick character post that would probably suck, or staying off the Internet completely and waiting until this long weekend was over.

Thankfully the art show went surprisingly well. There were tons of tourists, loads of people saying silly things that I’ll have to blog about later. And countless “are you two twins?” questions. It took my mind off writing completely – there simply wasn’t any time to sit and think about writing one little bit.

It felt like a vacation. So I decided it was a good thing I didn’t jump on here in the middle of my last-week-hell and try to post something sub par.

What I post on a good day is sub par enough !

Oh, and I’m trying to work on my links – so if I do this right, you should find a link to a friend’s blog. He’s a writer, and a really cool guy, for a Ferret. Check him out.

3 comments:

Ed Wyrd said...

Um, what did that post have to do with chocolate? I'm so confused!

*hands her some M&Ms*

Cath said...

Could you be any less specific? :D

Glad the art show went well, and how about starting this Friday instead. I'll even send you chocolate.

Midnight Muse said...

CHOCOLATE ! :D

Hey, I have to add your blog to my linkies - I'm still trying to get my act together here.