Friday, November 16, 2007

I'm going shopping!

Tomorrow, my sister is taking me PEN shopping! Yes, I'm excited about it. I haven't written with a pen in so long, and that's something I'm changing, practicing and relearning the proper way to compose with pen and paper.

I'm pathetically happy about that.

I'm also pathetically happy about what The Great Tea Debacle has done for me. I always considered myself a disciplined writer, one who could start, excute and finish full-length novels. I've written 12, after all, and In An Ageless Sky is #13. But the one thing I didn't do before this contest sprang forth (that'll teach me to challenge Pete after hearing how he and Lori challenged each other in the past), was write DAILY without fail.

Most of us have some form of "life" and often that gets in the way of a lot of things. Work, life, hobbies, the need for food and sleeping - these can all take up space that make you go ahead and take a "day off" from writing now and again. And I was one of those writers who could talk herself into not writing "just today" to take a break. Then "today" would turn in to "okay, I'll pick it back up next Monday". One day off writing turns into another, then the next one is even easier. Only that don't get no novel done!

Sure, it does eventually, as my 12 novels will attest. But it's slower, like a novel and a half a year (when you add in edits and polishing) and that's no career in writing!

So when I realized that, during this Tea Debacle, I'd been writing EVERY. DAY. I was made quite happy. I'm even writing during times I'd normally sit on the couch and stare at the TV for no good reason.

Pathetic? Okay, I don't mind that label. I'm a happy pathetic!

And here's something even more pathetic:


Found a new pen, found a new pen,
Found a new pen just now,
Just now I found a new pen,
Found a new pen just now.

Cracked it open, cracked it open,
Cracked it open just now,
Just now I cracked it open,
Cracked it open just now.

It was leaky, it was leaky,
It was leaky just now,
Just now I found it leaky,
It was leaky just now.

Used it anyway, used it anyway,
Used it anyway just now,
Just now I used it anyway,
Used it anyway just now.

Stained my fingers, stained my fingers,
Stained my fingers just now,
Just now I stained my fingers,
Stained my fingers just now.

Tried to blot it, tried to blot it,
Tried to blot it just now,
Just now I tried to blot it,
Tried to blot it just now.

Made it messy, made it messy,
Made it messy just now,
Just now I made it messy,
Made it messy just now.

Tried white-out, tried white-out,
Tried white-out just now,
Just now I tried some white-out,
Tried white-out just now.

I can't read it, I can't read it,
I can't read it just now,
Just now I cannot read it,
I can't read it just now.

Tore the paper, tore the paper,
Tore the paper just now,
Just now I tore the paper,
Tore the paper just now.

Word count suffered, word count suffered,
Word count suffered just now,
Just now my word count suffered,
Word count suffered just now.

Tried a pencil, tried a pencil,
Tried a pencil just now,
Just now I tried a pencil,
Tried a pencil just now.

Lead keeps breaking, lead keeps breaking,
Lead keeps breaking, just now,
Just now my lead keeps breaking,
Lead keeps breaking just now.

Used a curse word, used a curse word,
Used a curse word just now,
Just now it I used a curse word,
Used a curse word just now.

Must keep writing, must keep writing,
Must keep writing just now,
Just now I must keep writing,
Must keep writing just now.

Found a new pen, found a new pen,
Found a new pen just now,
Just now I found a new pen,
Found a new pen just now.

8 comments:

Cath said...

You are, in fact, the anti-marbles!

Completely cuckoo, in other words.

Anonymous said...

Soccer Mom Sez: So are you loving the new pen yet? Does it make your hand happy?

Love the songs. Keep 'em coming.

~Mary

Veri word: jwzpwept--the LOLCATZ version of the shortest verse in the Bible. ("Jesus wept" for the heathens out there.)

Ed Wyrd said...

My son got the coolest pen as a gift from his grandparents who had taken a trip to the East Coast. It's actually made from the wood of Old Ironsides, taken from it when they did some refurbishing several years back.

I think that is so cool.

Cath said...

So - did you get it yet?

Midnight Muse said...

I did get it :D I must blog of it this evening.

Anonymous said...

Soccer Mom Sez:

Still waiting for the blog. :taps toe:

Midnight Muse said...

blogger hates my firewall here at home. So I'll post on the Wordprss blog and let you know 'soons I does.

Midnight Muse said...

Here, I bloggied on the other blog, and I'll try to post here tomorrow about it:

www.mymidnightmuse.wordpress.com