Thursday, September 13, 2007

Oops! I did it again.

Well, not yet. Tonight after work I'm running to Lowes to buy paint. Again.

Yeppers - that color I put in my room is just way too dark. And it's not just a matter of getting used to a grown-up look, it's just dark. The color was called Country Path - I figure that's fancy talk for Dirt.

It's the friggin' bat-cave! And what gets me is the fact that I should have known better. I'm drawn to darker things, like dark wood picture frames, dark clay yixing teapots, lovely brown suede curtains and comforters . . . well you can't paint a room dark then accent it with the same dark color palette. And I know that. So what I was thinking when I painted that room is beyond me.

So I have a new color - Desert Sand. Much lighter, still very mature-looking. And yeah, this time I'm gonna have to get the primer tinted, to cover over all that dirt that is Country Path.

Tonight I'll get the paint, some painting supplies, then tomorrow after work I'll clear out the room and hopefully have the stamina to apply the primer. Then Saturday it's painting, followed by returning the room to its full glory.

I look at it this way -- In order to form a proper Theory, you have to be able to first test said theory and examine the results, THEN that test has to be repeatable, with the same results.

Which means I'm painting in the nude again, to see if I can stay clean.

2 comments:

Alex Adams said...

*Snort* You're as bad as me when it comes to painting. Funny how that paint that looks perfect at first looks a whole lot different when it dries and you actually have to live with it.

Ed Wyrd said...

Nude painting.

So, um, where did you say you lived again?